Check your Google Search ranking today!
Our tool is designed for any UK-based companies to see how their Google My Business listing is performing in Google Organic Search & Google Maps. Many business owners simply carry out a search direct from their own mobile or PC which won’t give them the true results. What this tool does is provide you with a true result for when a user in a certain location searches for a keyword relating to your business.
Simply enter your chosen keyword and the nearest town then hit “search now” If using a mobile be sure to select the mobile device for better viewing.
Why is Google Maps important for business?
Google Maps is undoubtedly one of the most useful tools Google has developed the years.
Essentially, it’s a virtual end-to-end map of the world with street maps, real time traffic conditions, panoramic views, and direct access to Google’s comprehensive database of businesses. Access is provided to all this useful information through the company’s various applications or by going to maps.google.com. You can register your company on Google Maps using the Google My Business feature.
It doesn’t matter if you are a small start-up working from home, a small office or are a larger company with numerous locations, one of the most important revenue sources is Google Maps rankings. It’s vitally important to get your business in the top 3 of Google Maps ie The Map 3 Pack.
Let our GMB experts help turn your Google business listing into a high performing, high converting tool to drive calls and emails into your business.
Setting up a Google My Business account properly so it performs well can be tough – but it does not have to be. If you are running a business which serves customers locally, you need to have a GMB page set up and optimised now!
At Local Search Gurus, we can help you carry out the GMB setup process with ease. Setting up the page is very important, but we appreciate you might not know where to start. So, let us show you what you need to do create a listing thats works for your business. To begin with, you need to create the page. How does one start to build a Google My Business page?
- First off, start by logging into your Google account that you intend to use for your business.
- Next, you will need to go to Google.com/business, and then click on the Start Now button.
- Fill in the relevant details, like your business name and your local address.
- Be sure to check boxes such as “I deliver goods and services to my customers” if you do so.
- You can also choose to hide your address; if you work from home, we recommend doing so.
- Add in local contact details, such as your website URL and your phone number.
Understanding the Google Maps Search Engine
Just like Google’s standard search engine, ranking on Google Maps is vital. The better your company’s ranking is on Google Maps, the more successful your business is likely to be. However, to achieve good rankings, you need to understand the basics behind a good strategy when it comes to using Google Maps SEO.
With Google Maps, you get the benefit of shortcuts, in the form of the Google 3-Pack, which is the 3 top results for a specific keyword or search query that is taken from maps.google.com. The key thing about this is that the results Google chooses are relevant to the location the user is based and that the 3-pack comes before the organic results, no matter what device is used. Therefore it is in a business’s best interest to be listed in these top 3 results.
Important Note Regarding Google Maps Search Engine Results
Understanding the above point will help you appreciate why you need a tool like the Google Map Pack Tool of our Google Results Checker. You see, when you check the rankings of your site and GMB listing from your phone or another device while using your current/existing IP address or Google account, the sites you visit most frequently (like your own, for instance) will rank higher because the Google algorithm is formulated to make it easier for people to find their favourite websites.
That, though, is not the real ranking, as a first-time user searching for related keywords in that geographical location is going to come across. With our tool, you can check the progress of your GMB ranking through Google Maps to get the real state of play and are not under any false illusions as to how successful your pages are doing.
Ranking Factors for Google Maps
If you find you are not where you need to be in Google Maps ranking, there are a variety of factors you need to consider improving them.
- Google My Business Signals – make sure your Google My Business listing is fully optimised.
- Link Signals
- Customer reviews of your business
- On-page signals like your company NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) and SEO-optimised content
- Citation signals
- Behavioural signals
- Personalisation – it’s important that your Google My Business page is individual and unique to your company and branding is consistent with your other pages, like your main website and social media pages.
- Social Media signals – Make sure your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram are all connected to your Google My Business page.
Why work with us?
GET OUR FREE GMB STRATEGY
Enter your email address below to gain access to free information on how
to put your business in front of new , untapped customers using Google My Business.